The Australia Fiancée Visa (also known as Prospective Marriage Visa) allows non-Australian fiancées of Australian citizens, or permanent residents in Australia, (and eligible New Zealand citizens) to reside with their partners in Australia.
- Australia Fiancée Visa holders are entitled to stay in Australia for 9 months and may adjust their visas to Spouse Visa status after marriage.
To be eligible to apply for an Australia Fiancée Visa, the applicant must:
- Be at least 18 years of age (unless parental consent to marry has been given).
- Have the freedom to marry.
- Pass a character clearance or has no criminal records.
- Pass a health clearance.
- Have met the sponsor in person and have personally known each other.
To be eligible as a sponsor of your fiancéeto receive an Australia Fiancée Visa, you must:
- Be an Australian citizen.
- Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have met your fiancé(e) in person and have personally known each other.
- Have the freedom to marry.
The general requirements for this type of visa are as follow:
- It is necessary to show as much evidence as possible that the relationship is genuine and on-going including as sincere intention of the sponsor and the applicant to get married. Evidence proving your relationship may include photos taken together, email or correspondence exchanges, money transfer receipts, air ticket, hotel or apartment rental agreements with the names of both partners.
- The sponsor must show evidence of sufficient funds and accommodation to support your fiancé(e) in Australia. If not, it is possible for another Australian resident to act on your behalf as the sponsor of your fiancé(e).
ADVANTAGES OF THE AUSTRALIA FIANCEE VISA
The Australia FiancéeVisa holder will be entitled to the following privileges:
- Enter Australia before marriage.
- Multiple entries to Australia within the allowed 9-months period of stay.
- Work in Australia with this visa.
- Apply for a spouse visa after your marriage registration.
- Study in Australia (without being entitled to government funding).
- Access to Australia’s medical expenses and hospital care assistance scheme.
The fiancée must submit the application in person at VFS in Bangkok together with support documents and application fees. The VFS will then transfer your documents to the Australian embassy for evaluation. The application process can take between 6 and 12 months to complete. The support documents required for Australian Fiancée Visa applicationare as follows:
- Completed and signed application form.
- The applicant’s current, valid passport or travel document.
- Photos, Visa fee.
- Evidence of sufficient funds.
- Evidence of accommodation.
- Evidence of stable employment.
- Evidence of the date and venue of the marriage.
- Flight ticket reservation.
TSL Australia Fiancée Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for an Australia Fiancée Visa.
- Full review of the visitors personal, financial & employment history, and a comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the Australia Fiancée Visa.
- Filing of the completed application package. Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies. (Note: TSL Visa Service Fee does not include embassy or government fees).
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies.
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview.
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a solicitor to help overturn the refusal of an Australia Visa.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists or request further information about Australia Visa applications.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-251-8134