Canada Spouse Visa are available for non-Canadian nationals if they are a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner, or dependent children of Canadian citizens.
Canada Family Visa enable the holder to immigrate to Canada as a permanent resident.
- Application for Canada Family Visa sponsorship is done either inside or outside of Canada.
- Spousesof Canadians and their dependents with a Canada Family Visa are able to live in Canada for good.
ELIGIBILITY OF THE SPONSOR FOR CANADA FAMILY VISA
Eligibility Requirements of a Sponsor:
- The sponsor must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
- The sponsor must be 18 years of age or older.
- The sponsor must meet certain income requirements.
- The sponsor must have no criminal records.
- The sponsor must be the spouse, partner, or legal parent of the applicant.
Reasons for Non-Eligibility of a Sponsor:
- The sponsor sponsored someone in the past but failed to support the person.
- The sponsor abandoned a court-ordered support order like alimony.
- The sponsor received government financial assistance.
- The sponsor was convicted of a heinous criminal offence.
- The sponsor is currently in jail.
- The sponsor is bankrupt.
ELIGIBILITY OF THE APPLICANT (BENEFICIARY) FOR CANADA FAMILY VISA
Eligibility Requirements of an Applicant
- The applicant must be in spousal or partner relationship with the sponsor, or a legal dependent.
- The applicant must be in good health.
- The applicant must have no criminal records.
- The applicant must be 16 years old of age or older.
Reasons for Non-Eligibility of an Applicant:
- The applicant is under 16 years of age.
- The applicant is a bigamist (legally married person who marries another).
- The applicant took another partner during a separation of one year from your sponsor.
- Your sponsor previously sponsored another spouse and three years have not passed.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS OF THE DEPENDENTS FOR CANADA FAMILY VISA
A son or daughter is dependent if the child is:
- Aged less than 22 years old and is single.
- A full-time student and is dependent on a parent for financial support prior to the age of 22, or since becoming a spouse or common-law partner (if this happened before age 22) or is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because of a disability.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR CANADA FAMILY VISA
The Canada Family Visa application process involves two steps:
- The Canadian citizen or permanent resident should apply to sponsor their spouse, partner or dependents.
- The spouse, partner, or dependent children must then apply for permanent residence.
The applications for both sponsorship and permanent residence should be submitted together. There are two steps required to process the application forms:
- The sponsorship application will be processed by the Case Processing Centre (CPC) in Mississauga, Ontario (for family members living outside Canada), or the CPC in Vegreville, Alberta (for family members living inside Canada).
- If you are an eligible sponsor, the permanent residence application will be sent to the appropriate Canadian visa office.
The Canadian Embassy in Bangkok is not able to accept applications for immigration to Canada.
The application for the Canada Family Visa must be sent to the Regional Processing Centre at the Canadian High Commission in Singapore.
If you would like TSL to assist you to process your application on your behalf please click the button below.
TSL Canada Family Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the Canada Family Visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for a Canada Family Visa.
- Full review of the visitors personal, financial & employment history, and a comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the Canada Family Visa.
- Filing of the completed application package. Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies. (Note: TSL Visa Service Fee does not include embassy or government fees).
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies.
- Liaise with the Canadian Embassy in Singapore on behalf of the applicant.
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview.
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a CanadianVisa
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists or request further information about CanadianVisa applications.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-251-8134