UK Visa for Thai Citizens
Thai nationals who are planning to travel to the UK require permission to just visit the UK (category “UK Visa Nationals”).
In addition, Entry Clearance is required for Thai nationals that want to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months, or to work, study, or settle.
There are two broad categories:
The United Kingdom visas we specialize in most are:
The type of UK Visa required under United Kingdom immigration laws will be determined by the purpose of your intended visit (and other circumstances).
It is important that the applicant is eligible to apply. Successful application will depend on the quality of the application and documentation, and that the applicant fulfils all of the requirements.
- Thai applicants are strongly advised to plan their applications with great diligence. To increase the success, and to reduce your worries, it is worth considering expert to advise you as to (a) what type of visa to apply for; (b) when is the best time to begin your application, (c) how to prepare supporting documentation; (d) how to prepare for interviews; (e) how to avoid any pitfalls throughout the process.
The requirements to apply depend primarily on the purpose of travel. Generally, you need to consider the following when applying for a UK Visa:
- Applicants must have a valid passport for travel to the UK, with a validity date of at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay, and all previous passports or travel documents if available.
- Applicants must be eligible for, and meet all requirements of the visa category that they are applying for.
- Applicants should also understand that some visa applications may have additional requirements or administrative processing and they should adhere to the regulations when advised of this possibility.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A UK VISA:
- Applicants should have completed and signed the application form.
- Applicants should bring a passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), appropriately taken colour photograph of themselves.
- Applicants should bring the supporting documents relevant to the application.
- Applicants should pay the visa fee.
- Applicants should review the information provided by TSL for the local processes in Thailand and be aware of the strict security procedures.
- Not all applicants require an interview and if it is necessary, it is normally because the Visa Officer requires more information. Interviews are usually done by phone with the help of an Embassy interpreter. There is no need for an interview when the application is submitted. If necessary, applicants should be well prepared for the interview.
- Non-settlement category visas such as UK Visitor Visas generally take up to 15 working days to be processed. If the applicant has previously visited the UK, US, New Zealand, Australia or a Schengen country during the previous 5 years, the processing time may be shorter (5 – 7 business days). However, settlement category visas can take from 2 to 3 months.
- The duration of the application process is not always the same. Delays can occur if the British Embassy requests additional support documents or evidence. The progress of your application for a UK Visa may be checked online, but the success or rejection of an application will not be known until collection of the documents.
TSL “UK Visa for Thai” Service Inclusions:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the UK Visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the specific visa category.
- Filing of the completed application package.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the appllicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
Recommendations for UK Visa Applicants:
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a solicitor to help overturn the refusal of a UK Visa for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about UK Visa applications for Thai nationals.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
International: +66 84-361-2818
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-168-7734