UK FAMILY VISA FOR THAI
UK Family Visa is designed for dependents (e.g. a partner, child or adult relative) of a UK citizen or a person with permanent settlement status in the UK.
The UK Family Visa entitles the individual to enter or remailn in the UK.
- A UK Family Visa applications are normally made through the British Embassy in Bangkok.
- If a person with permanent settlement status in the UK has applied for a work permit, the work permit must first be granted in the UK before entry-clearance applications for dependents can be made. In all other cases, applications by dependents for entry-clearance are normally submitted at the same time as the main applicant is applying for their visa (e.g. UK Fiancee Visa, UK Spouse Visa).
TYPES OF UK FAMILY VISA:
If you plan to marry your fiancé(e) or proposed civil partner soon after you arrive in the UK, the UK Fiancé(e) Visa will allow the holder to remain in the UK for 6 months.
The UK Spouse Visa is designed to enable a husband, a wife, or a civil partner to enter and reside in the UK.
The UK Visa for Children allows children, (including adopted children), to stay with you in the UK.
This type of visa allows parents, grandparents, siblings and children (over 18 years of age) of a British citizen or someone settled in the UK to travel or live permanently in the UK.
The UK Parent Visa allows the parent of a child in the UK, to enter the UK and stay with their child.
APPLICATION PROCEDURED FOR THE UK FAMILY VISA:
- The Visa section of the British embassy in Bangkok processes UK Spouse Visa application and other settlement visa applications. The processing time depends on the volume of UK Family Visa (Thailand) applications received by the British embassy.
- Applicants for UK Family Visa should have completed and signed the application form.
- Applicants for UK Family Visa should bring a passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), appropriately taken colour photograph of themselves.
- Applicants should bring the supporting documents relevant to the UK Family Visa application.
- Applicants should pay the UK Family Visa fee.
- Applicants for UK Family Visa should review the information provided by TSL for the local processes in Thailand and be aware of the strict security procedures.
- Not all applicants require an interview and if it is necessary, it is normally because the Visa Officer requires more information. Interviews are usually done by phone with the help of an Embassy interpreter. There is no need for an interview when the application is submitted. If necessary, applicants should be well prepared for the interview.
- Non-settlement category visas such as UK Visitor Visa generally take up to 15 working days to be processed. If the applicant has previously visited the UK, US, New Zealand, Australia or a Schengen country during the previous 5 years, the processing time may be shorter (5 – 7 business days). However, settlement category visas can take from 2 to 3 months.
- The duration of the application process is not always the same. Delays can occur if the British Embassy requests additional support documents or evidence. The progress of your application for a UK Family Visa may be checked online, but the success or rejection of an application will not be known until collection of the documents.
- In the case of a UK Family Visa refusal, a letter detailing the reasons of the visa refusal is provided by the UK embassy. Should you have any questions as to the application of a UK Family Visa for your Thai wife, please contact TSL’s immigration experts and we will provide you with the most appropriate and cost effective solutions.
TSL UK Family Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the UK Family Visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for a UK Family Visa.
- Full review of the UK Sponsor’s and the Thai applicant’s personal, financial & employment history, and a comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the UK Family Visa.
- Filing of the completed application package. Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies. (Note: TSL Visa Service Fee does not include embassy or government fees).
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies.
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview.
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your UK Family Visa application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a solicitor to help overturn the refusal of a UK Family Visa for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about UK Family Visa applications for Thai nationals.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
International: +66 84-361-2818
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-168-7734