UK MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA FOR THAI
Getting married in the UK should be a beautiful and smooth process.
Please let TSL do the heavy lifting on the visas, while you focus on your happy occasion!
UK MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA FOR A THAI CITIZEN:
- The UK Marriage Visitor Visa applicant can use this visa to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK Within 6 months of your arrival at any location licensed for this purpose.
- The applicant can use this visa to visit the UK for up to 6 months.
UK MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA IS REQUIRED IF:
- The applicant wishes to get married or register a civil partnership in the UK.
- The applicant wishes to give notice of a marriage or civil partnership in UK.
- The applicant is not planning to stay or settle in the UK after your marriage or civil partnership.
- The applicant meets the other eligibility requirements.
Note: The applicant cannot apply for a UK Marriage Visitors Visa if you qualify for British citizenship – including if you can have dual nationality. You must apply for British citizenship instead.
UK MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA IS REQUIRED IF:
- Access public funds
- Bring family members (‘dependants’) to the UK – they must apply separately
- Live in the UK for extended periods through frequent visits
- Extend the visa or switch to another visa
- Work – except for permitted activities related to their work or business overseas, eg attending meetings
- Enroll in a course of study – except for 30 days of incidental study
ELIGIBILITY FOR UK MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA:
The applicant must provide evidence of being:
- At least 18 years of age or more
- Free to give notice of marriage, to marry or enter into a civil partnership in the UK within 6 months of your arrival
- In a genuine relationship
- Visiting the UK for less than 6 months
- Leaving the UK at the end of the visit
- Have sufficient funds without working or help from public funds, or that you can be supported and housed by relatives or friends
- Able to meet the cost of the return or onward journey
- Not in transit to a country outside the UK, Ireland, Isle of Man and the Channel Islands
REQUIREMENTS FOR UK MARRIAGE VISITOR VISA:
- Provide a current passport or other valid travel identification.
- Provide 1 passport-sized colour photograph.
- Provide evidence that you can support yourself during your trip, e.g. bank statements or pay-slips for the last 6 months.
- Provide evidence of your future plans for the relationship, e.g. documents to show where you will live.
- Provide details of where you intend to stay and your travel plans – you should not pay for accommodation or travel until you get your visa.
You may also supply the following to support your application:
- Provide details of the marriage or civil partnership and proof that you have paid money for some of its costs.
- Provide evidence that you have given notification of marriage to the register office in England and Wales, Scotland or Northern Ireland.
If you have been married before, you will need to show proof that you are free to marry or enter into a civil partnership again, for example:
- A decree nisi
- A decree absolute
- A death certificate of a previous partner
- You will need to provide a certified translation of any documents that are not in English or Welsh.
- You may need to provide additional documents depending on your circumstances.
- The UK Marriage Visitor Visa applicant must be outside the UK.
- The applicant will need to attend a short interview and provide fingerprints and a photograph (known as biometric information) taken at a visa application centre as part of the application (TSL will help you prepare for this).
- The applicant can apply for a visa up to 3 months before the date of travel to the UK.
- The decision on the approval of the UK Marriage Visitor Visa should be available within 3 weeks.
TSL UK Marriage Visitor Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the UK Marriage Visitor Visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for a UK Marriage Visitor Visa.
- Full review of the visitor’s personal, financial & employment history, and a comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the UK Marriage Visitor Visa.
- Filing of the completed application package. Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies. (Note: TSL Visa Service Fee does not include embassy or government fees).
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies.
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview.
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your UK Marriage Visitor Visa application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a solicitor to help overturn the refusal of a UK Marriage Visitor Visa for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about UK Marriage Visitor Visa applications for Thai nationals.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
International: +66 84-361-2818
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-168-7734