United Kingdom Visa
Certain non-UK nationals planning to travel to the UK are required to obtain and present a UK Visa. Check the UK Visa website to determine if you need a UK Visa: https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa.
In addition, Entry Clearance is required for non-UK nationals that want to stay in the UK for longer than 6 months, or to work, study, or settle.
There are two broad categories:
The United Kingdom visas we specialize in most are:
The type of UK visa required under United Kingdom immigration laws will be determined by the purpose of your intended visit (and other circumstances).
It is important that the applicant is eligible to apply. Successful application will depend on the quality of the application and documentation, and that the applicant fulfils all of the requirements.
Applicants are strongly advised to plan their applications with great diligence. To increase the success, and to reduce your worries, it is worth considering expert to advise you as to (a) what type of visa to apply for; (b) when is the best time to begin your application, (c) how to prepare supporting documentation; (d) how to prepare for interviews; (e) how to avoid any pitfalls throughout the process.
The requirements to apply depend primarily on the purpose of travel. Generally, you need to consider the following when applying for a UK Visa:
- Applicants must have a valid passport for travel to the UK with a validity date of at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay.
- Applicants must be eligible for and meet all requirements of the visa category that they are applying for.
- Applicants should also understand that some visa applications may have additional requirements or administrative processing and they should adhere to the regulations when advised of this possibility.
APPLICATION PROCESS FOR A UK VISA:
- Applicants should have completed and signed the application form.
- Applicants should bring a passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), appropriately taken color (spelling correction) photograph of themselves.
- Applicants should bring the supporting documents relevant to the application.\
- Applicants should pay the visa fee
- Applicants should review the information provided by TSL for the local processes in Thailand and be aware of the strict security procedures\
- Not all applicants require an interview and if it is necessary, it is normally because the Visa Officer requires more information. Interviews are usually done by phone with the help of an Embassy interpreter. There is no need for an interview when the application is submitted. If necessary, applicants should be well prepared for the interview.
- Non-settlement category visas such as UK Visitor Visas generally take up to 15 working days to be processed. If the applicant has previously visited the UK, US, New Zealand, Australia or a Schengen country during the previous 5 years, the processing time may be shorter (5 – 7 business days). However, settlement category visas can take from 2 to 3 months.
- The duration of the application process is not always the same. Delays can occur if the British Embassy requests additional support documents or evidence. The progress of your application for a UK Visa may be checked online, but the success or rejection of an application will not be known until collection of the documents.
TSL UK Visa Services:
TSL staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the UK visa application process goes smoothly and may include, but not limited to, the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the specific visa category.
- Filing of the completed application package.
- Access to consultation with lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the UK processing administrator on behalf of the applicant.
- Preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining a police clearance report or medical examination.
Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a solicitor to help overturn the refusal of a UK visa.
Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialist.
Eligibility for UK Visitor Visa:
In order for to be eligible for a UK Visitor Visa it is necessary to demonstrate that:
- The applicant is not seeking entry for more than six months.
- The applicant intends to leave at the end of the visit.
- The applicant does not intend to work (paid or unpaid), or to produce goods or provide services in UK
- The applicant does not plan to sell goods or services direct to the public during the visit.
- The applicant does not intend to study at a publicly funded school.
- The applicant has sufficient funds and accommodation without the need for public funds.
- The applicant is able to show proof that he/she is able to meet the costs of their onward journey.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a UK Visa.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists or request further information about UK Visa