- UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa comes under the UK Family Visa category and allows the applicant to come and live permanently with someone who is a permanent resident in the UK.
- The applicant must obtain a visa before he or she can travel, and the visa must be applied for outside of the UK. Upon approval of the UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa, the individual can enter the UK and will be granted “Indefinite Leave to Remain” (ILR).
- Please note that these are general guidelines to the immigration rules which have been designed to assist you with your UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa application and should not be the sole source of information relied on.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UK ADULT DEPENDENT RELATIVE VISA:
To be eligible for the UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa, the following requirements must be met:
- Applicant must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicant must be either a parent, grandparent, brother, sister or child of a British citizen or person settled in the UK.
- Applicant needs long-term care and aid to perform everyday tasks.
- The long-term needs of the applicant cannotbe met in the country where they live due to unavailability or high cost.
- The sponsor (person who is settled in the UK) must demonstrate the ability to provide adequate support, settlement and care for the applicant without the need for UK public funds for a period of at least 5 years.
- The sponsor (person who is settled in the UK) must sign a letter of sponsorship confirming that the sponsor will take responsibility for the needs of the adult dependent relative.
- The applicant will also need to submit biometric information such as fingerprints and facial image at a UK visa application centre.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR UK ADULT DEPENDENT RELATIVE VISA:
- Applicant should have completed and signed the UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa application form.
- Applicant should bring a passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), appropriately taken colorphotograph of the child.
- Applicant should bring the supporting documents relevant to the UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa application.
- Applicant should pay the UK government fee.
- Applicant should review the information provided by TSL for the local processes in Thailand and be aware of the strict security procedures.
- Not all applicants require an interview and if it is necessary, it is normally because the Visa Officer requires more information. Interviews are usually done by phone with the help of an Embassy interpreter. There is no need for an interview when the application is submitted. If necessary, applicants should be well prepared for the interview.
- Non-settlement category visas such as UK Visitor Visas generally take up to 15 working days to be processed. If the applicant has previously visited the UK, US, New Zealand, Australia or a Schengen country during the previous 5 years, the processing time may be shorter (5 – 7 business days). However, settlement category visas can take from 2 to 3 months.
- The duration of the application process is not always the same. Delays can occur if the British Embassy requests additional support documents or evidence. The progress of your UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa application for a UK Visa may be checked online, but the success or rejection of an application will not be known until collection of the documents.
TSL UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for a UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa.
- Full review of the applicant’s status, and a comprehensive checklist of required documents.
Assistance with preparation of UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa application forms and supporting documents.
- Filing of the completed application package. Submission of your UK Adult Dependent Relative Visa application to the proper government agencies. (Note: TSL Visa Service Fee does not include embassy or government fees).
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies.
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview.
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a US Visa for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists or request further information about UKVisa applications.