UK CHILD VISAS
UK Child Visa is available for a child of a British citizen or someone who is a permanent resident in the country.
- The UK Child Visa must be obtained before entering the UK. The UK Child Visa holder may enter the UK and stay with the parent.
- Depending on the circumstances of each case, the UK Child Visa can become very complicated, and it is wise to seek expert assistance to avoid any delays and avoid the risks of visa rejection due to poor preparation.
- Please note that these are general guidelines to the immigration rules which have been designed to assist you with your visa application and should not be the sole source of information relied on.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UK CHILD VISA:
To be eligible for the UK Child Visa, the following requirements must be met:
ELIGIBILITY FOR A “PARENT” TO APPLY:
- The term “parent” includes (a) a biological parent of the child, (b) the stepfather or stepmother of a child whose father or mother is dead, and (c) the adoptive parent in certain circumstances.
- The parent is either (a) a natural born citizen of the UK or (b) has settled in the UK and their most recent permission to stay is not under Tiers 1, 2 or 5 of the points-based system.
- The parent must demonstrate sufficient finance and accommodation to live with the child without the need for public funds in the UK.
ELIGIBILITY FOR A CHILD THAT IS BORN OUT OF WEDLOCK:
- The child must be less than 18 years old.
- The child must still be single or unmarried and must not have formed an independent family unit.
- The child requires evidence to show that he/she is not leading an independent life.
ELIGIBILITY FOR A CHILD THAT IS ADOPTED:
- The applicant must have been adopted when both parents lived together abroad or when either was settled in the UK.
- If adoptive parents also have their own children, the adopted child must have the same rights as any of the other children.
- The adopted child must no longer have ties with the biological parents or the original family.
- The applying parent must prove genuine transfer of parental responsibility.
- There may be additional requirements according to the adoption laws and procedures imposed in the country of the child’s citizenship.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR UK CHILD VISA:
- Parent of the applicant should have completed and signed the application form.
- Parent of the applicant should bring a passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), appropriately taken colorphotograph of the child.
- Parent of the applicant should bring the supporting documents relevant to the application.
- Parent of the applicant should pay the visa fee.
- Parent of the applicant should review the information provided by TSL for the local processes in Thailand and be aware of the strict security procedures.
- Not all applicants require an interview and if it is necessary, it is normally because the Visa Officer requires more information. Interviews are usually done by phone with the help of an Embassy interpreter. There is no need for an interview when the application is submitted. If necessary, applicants should be well prepared for the interview.
- Non-settlement category visas such as UK Visitor Visas generally take up to 15 working days to be processed. If the applicant has previously visited the UK, US, New Zealand, Australia or a Schengen country during the previous 5 years, the processing time may be shorter (5 – 7 business days). However, settlement category visas can take from 2 to 3 months.
- The duration of the application process is not always the same. Delays can occur if the British Embassy requests additional support documents or evidence. The progress of your application for a UK Visa may be checked online, but the success or rejection of an application will not be known until collection of the documents.
TSL UK Child Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the UK Child Visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for a UK Child Visa.
- Full review of the applicant’s status, and a comprehensive checklist of required documents.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents.
- Filing of the completed application package. Submission of your UK Child Visa application to the proper government agencies. (Note: TSL Visa Service Fee does not include embassy or government fees).
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies.
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview.
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a UKVisa.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists or request further information about UKVisa applications.