UK Spouse Visa is intended for spouses of UK citizens or permanent residents (mainly those with indefinite leave to remain).
Thai Spouse Visa holders become eligible to work in the UK as soon as their visa is granted.
- The spouse should be legally married to the British national in accordance with the requirements of the country in which they are married.
- Application for a UK Spouse Visa for a spouse can be completed in Thailand.
- A UK Spouse Visa is valid for a period of two years and is stamped on the applicant’s passport if the application is successful.
ELIGIBILITY FOR UK SPOUSE VISA:
- If you are married to a British citizen, you may be granted a UK Spouse Visa</> for a probationary period of 2 years and 9 months.
- If you are still married and living together at the end of that period in the UK, you will be eligible to apply for a Leave to Remain which entitles further stay of 2 years and 3 months.
- If you are still married and living together for five years or more inside the UK and still meet the requirement, you will be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain (permanent residence in the UK).
Important Note: The Buddhist marriage ceremony in Thailand does not have a legal basis and only marriage registered at the local amphur (district office) in Thailand is considered legal. Those who are married under the Buddhist ceremony alone are not eligible for the UK spouse visa Thailand.
REQUIREMENTS FOR UK SPOUSE VISA:
You need to consider the following when applying for a UK Spouse Visa:
- Applicants must have a valid passport for travel to the UK, with a validity date of at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay, and all previous passports or travel documents if available.
- Applicants must be eligible and meet all requirements of the UK Spouse Visa.
- Applicants should also understand that some visa applications may have additional requirements or administrative processing and they should adhere to the regulations when advised of this possibility.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR UK SPOUSE VISA:
- The Visa section of the British embassy in Bangkok processes UK Spouse Visa application and other settlement visa applications. The processing time depends on the volume of UK visa Thailand applications received by the British embassy.
- Applicants should have completed and signed the application form.
- Applicants should bring a passport-sized (45mm x 35mm), appropriately taken colorphotograph of themselves.
- Applicants should bring the supporting documents relevant to the application.
- Applicants should pay the visa fee.
- Applicants should review the information provided by TSL for the local processes in Thailand and be aware of the strict security procedures.
- Not all applicants require an interview and if it is necessary, it is normally because the Visa Officer requires more information. Interviews are usually done by phone with the help of an Embassy interpreter. There is no need for an interview when the application is submitted. If necessary, applicants should be well prepared for the interview.
- Non-settlement category visas such as UK Visitor Visas generally take up to 15 working days to be processed. If the applicant has previously visited the UK, US, New Zealand, Australia or a Schengen country during the previous 5 years, the processing time may be shorter (5 – 7 business days). However, settlement category visas can take from 2 to 3 months.
- The duration of the application process is not always the same. Delays can occur if the British Embassy requests additional support documents or evidence. The progress of your application for a UK Visa may be checked online, but the success or rejection of an application will not be known until collection of the documents.
- In the case of a UK Spouse Visa refusal, a letter detailing the reasons of the visa refusal is provided by the UK embassy. Should you have any questions as to the application of a UK Spouse visa for your Thai wife, please contact TSL’s immigration experts and we will provide you with the most appropriate and cost effective solutions.
TSL UK Spouse Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the UK Spouse Visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible for a UK Spouse Visa.
- Full review of the UK Sponsor’s and the spouse’s personal, financial & employment history, and a comprehensive checklist of required documents for the applicant and the sponsor.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the UK Spouse Visa.
- Filing of the completed application package. Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies. (Note: TSL Visa Service Fee does not include embassy or government fees).
- Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies.
- Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview.
- Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
Communication with the processing administrators on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a solicitor to help overturn the refusal of a UK Visa.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists or request further information about UK SpouseVisa applications.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-251-8134