K2 VISA FOR THAI
K2 Visa is a Non-Immigrant Visa for a child of a K1 Fiancé(e) visa holder to enter the US and await the availability of an immigrant visa.
This is one of the benefits of the K1 visa. It allows derivative beneficiary.
- The child of a fiancé(e) may receive a derivative K2 Visa from his/her parent’s fiancé(e) petition. You, the American citizen petitioner must make sure that you name the Thai child in the I-129F petition. After the marriage of the child’s parent and the American citizen, the child will need a separate form I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or have TSL & Associates file an Adjustment of Status on your behalf.
- The child may travel with (accompany) the K-1 parent/fiancé(e) or travel later (follow-to-join) within one year from the date of issuance of the K-1 visa to his/her parent. A separate petition is not required if the child accompanies or follow the alien fiancé(e) within one year from the date of issuance of the K-1 visa. If the child’s entry to the US is longer than one year from the date of visa issuance, a separate immigrant visa petition is required.
US K2 VISA FOR THAI – ELIGIBILITY
- The applicant must be the child of a qualified K1 visa applicant.
- The step-parent/stepchild relationship must be created before the child has reached the age of 18.
- The child must be under 21 years old at the time the visa will be issued at the US Embassy in Bangkok.
- The applicant must be unmarried.
US K2 VISA BENEFITS
- The child does not need a separate I-129F application from Thailand
- The visa for the child will be approved at the same time as the Thai fiancé(e) at the US Embassy in Bangkok.
- The child can reside in the U.S. with the parent while waiting for the marriage of his K-1 parent.
- The child is allowed to study in the U.S. on K-2 visa and/or apply for Employment Authorization I-765.
- The K2 Visa less expensive, and faster processing is needed compared to I-130 petition of Alien Relative.
TSL US K2 Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the US K2 Visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical legal advice about the application process.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the specific visa category.
- Filing of the application package to each of the appropriate agencies.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the US Embassy in Bangkok on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the appointment and interview at the Embassy.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a US K2 Visa for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about US Visa applications for Thai nationals.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
International: +66 84-361-2818
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-168-7734