US CR1 VISA FOR THAI
CR1 Visa (Spouse Conditional Residence Visa) is designed for the Spouse of US citizen.
If a US citizen has been married for less than two years when his or her foreign spouse become a lawful permanent resident in the US, then the foreign spouse gets residence on a conditional basis through the CR1 (Conditional Residence) visa.
- The CR1 Visa is valid for two years following the entry date to the US. The US citizen, together with the spouse, must apply to USCIS to “Remove the Conditions on Permanent Residence Based on Marriage” within 90 days prior to the expiration of the two-year residence period (from the date of the foreign spouse’s entry).
CHOICE OF A K3 VISA OR CR1 VISA?
- A Thai Spouse of a US citizen can choose to apply for a CR1 Visa or a K3 visa. It is important to consider several factors when deciding which visa is most appropriate.
- The K3 Visa and CR1 Visa differs in processing time. The K3 Visa route is the fastest option and may be several months faster than CR1 Visa applications.
- However, on a CR1 Visa, the foreign spouse immediately gets legal permanent residency upon entry to the US. If you are intending to acquire a green card for your spouse, the adjustment of status will take longer for the K3 Visa than the CR1 Visa and is more costly in the long run.
- K3 Visa holders are also not allowed to become legally employed in the US, not until they have secured a work authorization. A CR1 Visa entitles the foreign spouse is able to apply for a job at immediately.
APPLICATION PROCEDURES FOR US CR1 VISA
- The preparation of documents for the CR1 Visa application is relatively complicated and there are many common mistakes compared to other visa types.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a US Visa for a Thai national.
Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about US Visa applications for Thai nationals.
TSL offers professional assistance to help you out with the entire process until you obtain your CR1 Visa.
Our proven track record with CR1 Visa Applications is the reason that we are the preferred immigration services choice in Thailand and receive numerous referrals from our former clients.
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical legal advice about the application process.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the specific visa category.
- Filing of the application package to each of the appropriate agencies.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the US Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the appointment and interview at the Embassy.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give.
- This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
International: +66 84-361-2818
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-168-7734