US TOURIST VISA FOR THAI CITIZEN
The US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) is a Non-Immigrant visa that allows a Thai citizen to enter the United States temporarily.
Thailand is not on the list of visa waiver countries, so a Thai national who intends to travel to the US needs to obtain a US Tourist Visa by submitting a visa application at the US Embassy in Bangkok or US Consulate in Chiang Mai.
- The US is a very popular tourist destination, but it is one of the most difficult countries for a Thai national to obtain a US Tourist Visa. TSL recommends that for the applicant’s convenience and speed, and to avoid unexpected delays or disappointment, individuals should consider professional immigration advice.
- The US Tourist Visa allows a Thai citizen to travel to the United States. If the purpose of your planned travel is for a holiday or vacation, including tourism, sightseeing, visits with friends or family, relaxation, medical treatment, or activities of a social or service nature, then a US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) is the appropriate type of visa for entry into the United States.
- A US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) issued by the US Embassy Thailand may allow the Thai citizen to travel back and forth to the United States for up to 10 years. Each entry into the United States, the US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) holder may be given authorized period of stay for up to six months.
- If the Thai applicant is a legitimate tourist, with intent of going to the US solely for tourism purpose, meet the financial requirement and visa eligibility, able to provide supporting documents for Tourist Visa application, then US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) is for him/her.
REQUIREMENTS FOR US TOURIST VISA FOR THAI CITIZEN (B2 VISA)
- The Applicant must have a current, valid passport or travel document valid at least 6 months beyond the travel date.
- The Applicant must bring a recent Passport Photograph of 2×2 inches in dimension.
- The Applicant must pay the Embassy Application Fees.
- The Applicant must have evidence of funds to cover their expenses in the US.
- The Applicant must have evidence of compelling social and economic ties to Thailand
- Applicants for a US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) must qualify on their own for visas to visit the US, and so letters of support from US Citizens for the Thai applicant is considered irrelevant and will not help.
Under U.S. law, applicants for a US Tourist Visa must qualify on their own for visas to visit the United States.
- Complete the required DS-160 online application form.
- Submit the required documentation showing visit is temporary, sufficent financial support and intention to return to Thailand.
- Undergo security clearance review.
- The US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) is not a Business Visa. If the purpose for your planned travel is to consult with potential business partners, travel to evaluate new business opportunities, training courses, professional or business training seminars, attend conferences, or to negotiate a business deal, then a business (B1) visitor visa would be the appropriate type of visa for your travel.
- Applying for a Thai girlfriend to travel to the US for a short holiday to meet your friends and family will prove to be a difficult process. The Thai girlfriend will have to establish that they plan on returning to Thailand. If there is intent on getting married, officials at the US Embassy in Thailand would most likely deny the Tourist Visa application and advise the Thai girlfriend to apply for an appropriate visa such as K1 (Fiancé) Visa Thailand.
- Many US Citizens are not aware of this problem when encouraging their girlfriend to apply for a US tourist visa. The Thai girlfriend’s US tourist visa application is most likely to be rejected once the consulate officer discovers the romantic relationship during the US visa interview. The interviewing officer will assume that the applicant will stay in the US and not return to Thailand. Had the couple consulted the US Embassy officials in Bangkok prior to the tourist visa application they may have been advised to apply for the K1 Fiancé Visa in Thailand instead.
TSL US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical legal advice about the application process and confirmation that the US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) is appropriate.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa), and full review of your personal, financial & employment history. Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application.
- Submission of the application package to and careful preparation of all correspondence with the appropriate agencies.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the US Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the appointment and interview at the Embassy.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a US Tourist Visa (B2 Visa) for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about US Visa applications for Thai nationals.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
International: +66 84-361-2818
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-168-7734