Since Portugal is a Schengen state, the requirements for a Portugal visit visa as well as the processes involved are the same as those mandated by other Schengen states.
Citizens of non- European Union and non-European Economic Area countries, along with other foreign nationals who are not in the visa exemption category need to apply for a visa to enter Portugal.
The visa sticker shows the number of days a foreigner is allowed to stay in the country as well as the number of entries allowed to explore and visit the other Schengen states. For a maximum, foreigners are allowed to remain in the country for ninety (90) days every six (6) months.
The requirements for a visit visa are the following. Candidates need to show:
- Lack of propensity to be either a public or security threat to the Portuguese government
- A valid passport with at least three-month validity after the proposed travel to Portuguese
- A travel health insurance with a minimum coverage of EUR 30,000
- Sufficiency of financial resources or in case of financial incapacity, a formal pledge executed by the sponsor taking full responsibility of the entire costs to be incurred by the applicant
- Documents showing strong links to Thailand and proving return
- Letter of employment and leave permission; business registration
- Proof of accommodation for the entire period of stay
- Compliance with other specific requirements requested by the Portugal diplomatic mission in Thailand
In case you are staying with a guarantor in Portugal and the guarantor pays for your stay:
- An invitation from the sponsor to clarify the purpose of the travel, for private visits
- Proof of sufficient income and accommodation from the guarantor
- STEP 1 – The applicant must visit the nearest Portugal embassy or consulate in Thailand, and inquire about the specific visitor visa application requirements. Personal visits are encouraged since such assures more timely and accurate information.
- STEP 2 – Upon learning the requirements, identifying and gathering the application form, documents, records and certificates required come next. In cases of financial incapacity to finance the visit, coordination with the sponsor must be done immediately.
- STEP 3 – Then, visa candidates should pay the application fee of EUR 60.
- STEP 4 – Scheduling an appointment is next on the list. In order to avoid delays and waiting time, it would be best for applicants to call the embassy’s call center to secure a spot.
- STEP 5 – During the scheduled appointment, submission of all the requirements must be done. After submission, waiting time for the approval starts. Applicants may continue to follow-up their applications by calling the embassy.
Italian diplomatic missions usually process visitor visas for approximately two (2) to ten (10) working days. Extensions may possibly occur especially during the peak season.
Italian embassy in Thailand processes the Schengen visa for approximately 3 to 10 working days. This process may take longer than usual during high season.
What We Can Do For You
Our Portuguese visit visa service does not include embassy or government fees. We provide you with:
- Full review of your personal, financial & employment history
- Consultation and confirmation that this visa is appropriate for you
- Extensive checklist of documents that you need for your visa application
- Professional and accurate preparation of your visa application
- Submission of your visa application to the proper government agencies
- Careful preparation of all correspondence with government agencies
- Expert advice on how to handle yourself at your Consular interview
- Unlimited personal communication with our Portuguese Visa Specialists
|Schengen Visa for Germany||Schengen Visa for France|
|Schengen Visa for Portugal||Schengen Visa for Italy|
|Schengen Visa for Netherlands||Schengen Visa for Spain|
|Schengen Visa for Denmark||Schengen Visa for Belgium|
Local Office Bangkok: 087-595-4918
International Number: +662-168-7734-5