- Investment Visa (E2 Visa) is a Non-Immigrant visa that allows a Thai citizen to enter the United States temporarily. Thailand has an investment treaty with the United States, so an investor in a Thai company has the option of investing in a new business and entering the United States on an Investment Visa (E2 Visa).
- The amount of the investment is dependent on the company-type. While there is no minimum stated amount, an investment closer to $100,000 or more increases the chance for approval.
- There can be many Thai investment partners but only one partner can enter the United States on an Investment Visa (E2 Visa) to manage the business operation.
- The business can have U.S. resident partners but investors from Thailand must have control of the business.
- The E2 investor must bear the risk of loss in the case of business failure. Loans secured by the investor’s personal assets are allowed but loans secured by business assets is not allowed.
- The investment must be in a physical business operation. Speculative or passive investments are not allowed.
- E2 Investors can petition to bring managers and specialty employees to run the business operation. The manager must be a high level manager that will run the business operation. The specialty employee must have “special skills” that is unique and required for the business.
- E2 Investors and their E2 Employees can bring their spouse and children under the age of 21 with them to the United States.
- The E2 Spouse can obtain an unrestricted employment authorization document which will allow work anywhere in the United States.
- Children under 21 of E2 status holders have similar educational benefits as U.S. residents such as entering local schools.
- The E2 Investment status can be extended in two year increments as long as the qualified investment enterprise is still in operation as outlined in the initial submission.
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the Investment Visa (E2 Visa) application process goes smoothly, and our service package includes the following:
Business and Investment Legal Advice
- Consultation with our Legal Specialist to provide you with clear and logical legal advice on E2 Investment Requirements
- Advice on the Formation of the Business and the Proper Transfer of Funds
- Assistance with Obtaining IRS Tax ID Number
- Advice on the Opening of Financial Accounts
- Guidance with the Preparation of the Business Plan
- Advice on Maintaining E2 Business Requirements Post-Visa
Immigration and Visa Specialist Advice
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the Investment Visa (E2 Visa).
- Filing of the application package to each of the appropriate agencies.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the US Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the appointment and interview at the Embassy.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
Investment Visa (E2 Visa) Dependents
Investment Visa (E2 Visa) holders can bring their spouse and minor children with them.
An E2 Spouse may apply for an unrestricted employment authorization card to work in the U.S. E2 Children can enter public or private schools in the United States.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of an Investment Visa (E2 Visa) for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about US Visa applications for Thai nationals.
Local Office Bangkok: 087-595-4918
International Number: +662-168-7734-5