- L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) allows multinational companies to send key personnel to their US operations temporarily or permanently.
- Managers, executives, and workers with specialized knowledge can obtain the US L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) classification and work in the United States for a period between five and seven years.
- The law requires that the employee must have worked for at least one year out of the last three years for the multinational firm, affiliate, or subsidiary and who seeks to render services for the same employer, subsidiary, or affiliate as a manager, executive, or employee with specialized knowledge.
- The US office must have a corporate relationship with the foreign company abroad and there must be clear evidence of the relationship.
- The US entity must have a physical office in the United States and the office must be an appropriate sized space to do business.
L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) status holder can bring their spouse and minor children to join him under the L-2 visa.
The L-2 spouse is allowed to apply for employment authorization and can work anywhere in the United States.
The L-2 minor child can attend US public schools but cannot apply for employment authorization.
L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) status Managers and Executives are given priority status for permanent residence.
Managers and executives can bypass the stringent Permanent Labor Certification process and the US employer can file an employment immigration petition directly with the USCIS.
L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) status Specialized Knowledge employees must submit a permanent labor certification application with the Department of Labor with evidence that there are no US residents or citizens who are able to fulfill the employment requirements.
Upon receiving an approved certification from the Department of Labor, the US employer can submit an application for immigration for the employer.
The process for applying for US L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) is complicated and time consuming.
Prior to starting the process, it is important to speak to an experienced professional.
- The Applicant must have a current, valid passport or travel document valid at least 6 months beyond the travel date.
- The Applicant must bring a recent Passport Photograph of 2×2 inches in dimension.
- The Applicant must pay the Embassy Application Fees.
- The Petitioning US entity must have a qualifying relationship with the foreign entity abroad.
- There must be a physical office for the US office.
- The new office must be active and operating within one year after the L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) holder’s admission to the United States if requesting an extension of stay.
- After 1 year, the new office must support a managerial or executive position if you are requesting an extension of stay in the L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) status.
TSL US L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the US L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) application process goes smoothly, and our service package includes the following:
Business and Investment Legal Advice
- Consultation with our Legal Specialist to provide you with clear and logical legal advice on US L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) Requirements for Investment (if applicable)
- Advice on the Formation of the US Subsidiary (if applicable)
- Assistance with Obtaining IRS Tax ID Number (if applicable)
- Advice on Maintaining L1 Business Requirements Post-Visa (if applicable)
Immigration and Visa Specialist Advice
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the specific visa category.
- Filing of the application package to each of the appropriate agencies.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the US Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the appointment and interview at the Embassy.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
We offer professional and reliable assistance on L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) for individuals from countries that have an investment treaty with the United States. Our service package includes the following:
L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) Dependents
L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) holders can bring their spouse and minor children with them. The Spouse of an L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) holder may apply for an employment authorization card to work in the US and Children of L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) holder can enter public or private schools in the US.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a US L1 Visa (Intracompany Transfer Visa) for a Thai national.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about US Visa applications for Thai nationals.
Local Office Bangkok: 087-595-4918
International Number: +662-168-7734-5