Adjustment of Status is the procedure for a visitor to the US to change from a Non-Immigrant status to Immigrant status without leaving the US.
Those who adjust status become a lawful US Permanent Resident.
Our packaged Adjustment of Status service includes:
- Consultation with our Immigration Attorneys
- Preparation and Submission of Adjustment Status Package
- Preparation and Submission of the I-131 Application for Travel Document
- Preparation and Submission of the I-765 Application for Employment Authorization (EAD)
- Follow up and Response to USCIS inquiries
- Unlimited Responses to Client’s Questions Regarding the Case
Before applying for Adjustment of Status, there are three important factors which the applicant must understand:
- The individual who entered the US must have been inspected, admitted, or paroled into the US. An individual that entered the US without inspection (i.e. illegally crossing the border), is not eligible for adjustment and must pursue visa processing at a consulate, even if the individual is an “immediate relative” of a US citizen.
- Any violation of US immigration status in the alien’s history, including visa overstay or unauthorized employment, will disqualify most aliens (not “immediate relatives” of US Citizens and some employment-based immigrations) from adjusting status.
- Travel outside the US without prior permission may jeopardize a pending adjustment of status application and may prevent the alien from reentering the US.
To apply for Adjustment of Status, an Immigrant Visa must be immediately available to the alien when his or her adjustment application is filed.
This is not a problem in the case of a K1 or K3 Visa holders because an unlimited number of “green cards” (permanent residence cards) can be issued to immigrants who are immediate relatives, i.e. spouses and unmarried children under the age of 21.
TSL US Visa “Adjustment of Status for Citizen” Services:
TSL, we offer professional assistance to help you out with the entire process until you obtain your Adjustment of Status and receive your US Visa.
Our proven track record with US Visa Adjustment of Status filings is the reason that we are the preferred immigration services choice in Thailand and receive numerous referrals from our former clients.
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical legal advice about the application process.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the US Visa Adjustment of Status.
- Filing of the application package to each of the appropriate agencies.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
Communication with the US Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the appointment and interview at the Embassy.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a US Visa.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists or request further information about US Visa applications.
TSL Thailand Contact Information:
For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.
Or you can contact us by phone:
In Thailand: 087-595-4918 or 02-251-8134