US Fiancee Visa K1 Visa

If you are a U.S. citizen who wants to bring your foreign fiancé(e) to the United States in orderto get married, you will ne ed to file a Form I-129F, Petition For Alien Fiancé(e). This is the first step to obtaining a K-1 nonimmigrant visa foryourfiancé(e). The K-1 nonimmigrant visa is also known as a fiancé(e) visa.

  • TSL strongly recommends against bringing your fiancée to USA on a US Tourist Visaif your intention is to get married while in the USA. The US Fiancée Visa (K1 Visa) is the proper visa option. If you bring your fiancée to the US on a Tourist Visaor othertype of US Visait may be viewed at a laterdate that you have intentionally and improperly taken your fiancée to the USA without applying fora US Fiancée Visa(K1 Visa) and have therefore eluded the K1 Visa requirements set by the US Immigration Services.

The major advantages of taking your Thai fiancée to the United States with a US Fiancée Visa(K1 Visa) include:

  • The US Fiancée Visa(K1 Visa) is easierto obtain than the US Spouse Visa(K3 Visa). The processing time of the K1 Visais much faster. On average it takes 4-6 months to receive the K1 Visa with TSL Visa services.
  • Any child/children of your fiancée can be added to the K1-Visapetition as a K2 derivativeduring the K1 Visaapplication process. After you receive the US Fiancée Visa(K1 Visa) the children would then also be granted a K2 Visa. (Forthe purposes of the US Fiancée Visa(K1 Visa), children falling under the K2 derivativehave to be unmarried and underthe age of 21).
    Afteryourfiancée has received a US Fiancée Visa(K1 Visa) and is in the USA, she can apply for a work permit to be lawfully employed by submitting a Form I-765.


  • You are a U.S. citizen;
  • You and your fiancé(e) intend to marry one another within 90 days of your fiancé(e)’s admission to the United States on a K-1 nonimmigrant visa;
  • You and your fiancé(e) are both legally free to marry (this means you both are legally able to marry in the United States and any previous marriages have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment); and

You and yourfiancé(e) met each otherin person at least once within the 2-yearperiod before you file yourpetition. You may request a waiver of this in-person meeting requirement if you can show that meeting in person would:

  • Violate strict and long-established customs of your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice; or
  • Result in extreme hardship to you, the U.S. citizen petitioner.
  • A legally divorced person is eligible to apply fora US Fiancée Visa(K1 Visa).
  • A US Fiancée Visa (K1 Visa) holder may only work in the US once they has received a work permit.
  • Visa interviews for US Fiancée Visa(K1 Visa) application in Thailand are held at the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Bangkok.

TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the UK family visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:

Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical advice about the application process and confirmation that the applicant is eligible.

Full review of the required documents for the applicant and the sponsor.

Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required.

Filing of the completed application package. (Note: TSL Visa service fees do not include embassy or government fees).

Careful arrangement of all correspondence with government agencies.

Expert advice on how to handle the consular interview.

Unlimited assistance over the phone with our Visa specialists.

Access to consultation with lawyers with specific expert is depending on the needs of each case

Proper preparation for the telephone interview if required

If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearancereport ormedical examination.


  • Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
  • The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a solicitor to help overturn the refusal of a UK Fiancée Visa.
  • Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists or request further information about UK Fiancée Visa applications.

TSL Thailand Contact Information:

For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.

International: +662-251-8130

In Thailand: 02-251-8130


How can we help you?

Visit us at our TSL Office in Bangkok or contact us by phone or on-line message at: