If you want to travel to the USA for a visit, unless you are citizen eligible for the US Visa Waiver Program (see: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/usvisas/tourism-visit/visa-waiver-program.html), you will need a visa to visit the USA. For other types of entry into the USA, such for marriage or for permanent residency, all non-US citizen must obtain a valid US visas.
The type of US visa will be determined by the intended purpose of your travel to the USA. It is important that you understand all the eligibility requirements for your US visa. A successful application will depend on the quality of the application and documentation and fulfilling all of the requirements.
Applicants are strongly advised to plan their applications with great diligence. To increase the success, and to reduce your worries, it is worth considering expert advice to know (a) what type of visa to apply for; (b) when is the best time to begin your application, (c) how to prepare supporting documentation; (d) how to prepare for interviews; (e) how to avoid any pitfalls throughout the process.
The United States visas we specialize in most are:
Tourist (B2) | K1 – Fiancée | K2 – Child of Fiancée | K3 – Marriage | K4 – Child of Spouse | CR-1 – Spouse | IR-1 – Spouse | Adjustment of Status and Inadmissibility Waiver I-601.
The requirements to apply depend primarily on the purpose of travel. Generally, you need to consider the following:
- Applicants must have a valid, machine-readable passport from their country of origin, with a validity date of at least 6 months beyond the intended period of stay.
- Applicants must be eligible and meet all requirements of the visa category that they are applying for.
- Applicants must arrive on time for the visa appointment and be well prepared for the interview.
- Applicants should review the information provided by the US Embassy for the local processes in Thailand and be aware of the Embassy’s strict security procedures.
- Applicants should also understand that some applications require additional special clearances or administrative processing and they should adhere to the regulations when advised of this possibility.
US Visa Services:
TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical legal advice about the application process.
- Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the specific visa category.
- Filing of the application package to each of the appropriate agencies.
- Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
- Communication with the US Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
- Proper preparation for the appointment and interview at the Embassy.
- If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.
- Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your application is rejected.
- The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn a Visa refusal.
- Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information.