[cz_title id=”cz_60517″ cz_title=””]US FIANCEE VISA FOR THAI CITIZEN

US Fiancee Visa is also known as a K1 Visa.

The various types of K Visas (K1, K2, K3 and K4) may be confusing, and to complicate matters, the new types of visa (CR and LR) are now being phased in.

  • A US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) is a US Visa which allows an American to bring a Thai fiance/fiancée to the USA with the intention to get married when in the USA.
  • TSL strongly recommends against bringing your fiancee to USA on a US Tourist Visa if your intention is to get married while in the USA. The US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) is the better option for a number of reasons as mentioned in the K1 Application Process section below.
  • If you bring your Thai fiancée to the US on a Tourist Visa or other type of US Visa it may be viewed at a later date that you have intentionally taken your Thai fiancée to the USA without applying for a US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) and have therefore eluded the K1 Visa requirements set by the US Immigration Services.
  • The major advantages of taking your Thai fiancée to the United States with a US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) include:
  • The US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) for a Thai fiancee is easier to obtain than the US Spouse Visa (K3 Visa). The processing time of the K1 Visa is much faster. On average it takes 4-6 months to receive the K1 Visa with TSL Visa services.
  • Any child/children of your Thai fiancée can be added to the K1-Visa petition as a K2 derivative during the K1 Visa application process. After she is has received the US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) the children would then also be granted a K2 Visa.(For the purposes of the US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) Thailand, children falling under the K2 derivative have to be unmarried and under the age of 21).
  • After your fiancée has received her US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) from Thailand and is in the USA, she can apply for a work permit to be lawfully employed by submitting a Form I-765.

[/cz_title][cz_title id=”cz_58940″ cz_title=””]NOTES

  • The US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) is for people who are single and not for married couples. If you are already married to a Thai national, you would not be permitted to use a K1 Visa application from Thailand because the K1 Visa is specifically for a fiancée and not a wife. In this case the application should be for a K3 (Spouse) Visa. Please refer to our US website or our other pages on the K3 visa for Thai.
  • The US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) is valid for 90 days from the date of arrival of your Thai Fiancée in the US.
  • A legally divorced Thai national is eligible to apply for a US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa).
  • A US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) holder from Thailand may only work in the US once she has received a work permit.
  • Visa interviews for US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) application in Thailand are held at the Consular Section of the US Embassy in Bangkok.

[/cz_title][cz_button title=”CONTACT US” id=”cz_15116″ link=”|||” cz_button=””][cz_title id=”cz_106900″ cz_title=””]


ติดต่อขอรับคำปรึกษาได้ที่หมายเลข 02-251-8130

[/cz_title][cz_title id=”cz_78810″ cz_title=””]

TSL US Fiancee Visa for Thai Citizen (K1 Visa) Services:

TSL’s staff will provide you with comprehensive support and guidance to ensure that the visa application process goes smoothly, and may include (but not limited to) the following:

  • Consultation with our Immigration Specialist to provide you with clear and logical legal advice about the application process.
  • Assistance with preparation of application forms and supporting documents required for the US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa).
  • Filing of the application package to each of the appropriate agencies.
  • Access to consultation with Lawyers with specific expertise depending on the needs of each case.
  • Communication with the US Embassy on behalf of the applicant.
  • Proper preparation for the appointment and interview at the Embassy.
  • If necessary, assistance with obtaining police clearance report or medical examination.

[/cz_title][cz_title id=”cz_24642″ cz_title=””]RECOMMENDATIONS

  • Please keep copies of all application forms and support documents, and take clear notes of specific questions that you are asked and the answers that you give. This will give TSL what it needs to assist you in case your US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) application is rejected.
  • The advice of an immigration consultant to obtain your entry clearance will save you significant time and cost, compared with the cost of a lawyer to help overturn the refusal of a US Fiancee Visa (K1 Visa) for a Thai national.
  • Before you start, we recommend that you should speak with one of TSL’s Visa & Immigration Specialists, or request further information about US Visa applications for Thai nationals.

[/cz_title][cz_title id=”cz_108182″ cz_title=”” sk_overall=”background-color:#fff493;”]TSL Thailand Contact Information:

For more information about applying for a Visa or requesting our Legal Services, please visit the TSL Thailand Contact page.

Or you can contact us by phone:

International: +662-251-8130

In Thailand: 02-251-8130[/cz_title]